Wednesday, April 16, 2008

narritive 3




His hand, warm and soft, reached for mine. Under great big blue skies. Everything seemed so peaceful. Blue birds chirping blissful tunes. Roses, daffodils, daisies, all sorts of flowers blooming. Water crashing down into the harmonious lake. Walking towards the sunset, hand in hand. Together as one. I knew he would be happy when we were to be together on the other side. The side where it is peaceful, loving and happy. Being with this alluring man brought me this blithe world and I never want to get out of it.

My world used to be filled with a world of crime, hatred and melancholy. I had no family. Both of my parents passed away when I just started my senior year because my dad and mom were involved in the war. My dad was in the army and my mom was an army nurse. My grandmother always had to come over and watch me. I despised her. She would never let me do anything. But of course she always left me home alone to care for myself. I never had anyone around me. I was depressed as a ten year old and my parents never knew. My grandmother said she would lie and tell my parents that I was a dreadful girl if I told them the way she treated me. I had friends in school but I never got to hang out with them. I only had one true best friend that I told everything and he would try and help me feel better the best he could. The day I wanted to tell him I was in love with him, he told me he was moving. And the month after my parents passed away... he was gone. It was too hard to bear. Yeah we still kept in touch, until my grandmother found out and took the phone away and made sure no letters were written. There was no way of getting out. My senior year was abominable; I could not wait to get out because I knew I would be away from my grandmother for good. She finally left the summer that I turned 18. But it was too late… he was gone and there was no possible way of ever finding him again.

So I went off and began college. My grandmother did not know but my parents left an appreciable amount of money for my education. Also, the army ended up paying for college because they knew how I had no one left to help me. My first day of college was great! I was finally free from my retched grandmother. I decided to major in psychology. I figured, “there are many more people out there like me and I want to help them overcome it.” I walk into class and I see one seat open so I sat down. A boy I noticed staring at me screams my name! IT WAS HIM! I could not believe it! I knew it was fate when we found each other. Since it was our first class we decided to stay until it was over. I was so glad that we found each other. After class we held each other tight never wanting to let go. I told him all that happened with my grandmother and why I never wrote him back. He figured that was the reason why and confessed to me something I was shocked about:
“I have loved you for the longest time and I have not one day stopped thinking about you, I have always wanted to tell you but never had the guts too. I’m sorry.”
I apologized to him as well because I told him how I always wanted to tell him how I felt. We were together ever since!

Ever since that day my life had changed for the better. My world turned upside down and it was amazing! When we graduated college he proposed to me right on the spot and I accepted! Now that our lives are set we helped troubled people’s lives change, like ours have change. I love him.

2 comments:

david santos said...

I love it!
Thank you and have a nice day.

Jess L. said...

AW JESS!! Cutest ending ever! I love it =D

-J.L.